Thursday 24 January 2013

Harmony Wednesday 25th September 1991 @ Haçienda Manchester

This was a special night. Emotional and sad yet it captures a lot of what the scene was like at the time.  Orgainsed by Suddi Raval one half of the group Togetherin memoryof Jonathon Donaghy, Tragically Jonathon and his girlfried Emma (who provided the vocals on The Together Mix) were both killed in a road accident on the island of Ibiza, in September 1990. R.I.P.  A tribute night for them called Harmony was held at the Haçienda and is captured in this video clip.  Credit goes to Inspiration Video for this - thank you. It was what raving, H.O.U.S.E and clubbing was all about, a special night xx

On a very personal note, we were in Ibiza the night this happened and when ever I think of that holiday this is one of the thoughts that comes to mind, I still shed a tear.  

On a lighter note, and I don't mean to take away from the meaning of the night, I can be seen dancing my ass off somewhere in this clip... memories :O) of which my daughter has made fun of me when I showed her the clip lol


The scenes at the end of the clip sum everything up that was good about that night



No comments:

Post a Comment